COVID-19 COMPANY UPDATE:
To maintain the health and safety of not only our employees, but also our tenants and prospective tenants we will be operating during our normal business hours remotely. All contact information, including phone numbers, is remaining the same. There are going to be the following temporary changes to how we handle inquiries and showings:
- If you see a property that you are interested in please still call us at 207-221-7533. An agent will be on-call to answer any questions you have regarding the property.
- There will be video tours of the VACANT units that are available for rent by the beginning of next week. These videos, a blueprint/layout, and any additional information will be available by request. Our agents will be taking emails of prospective tenants and emailing the supplementary materials.
- The video tours for the units with tenants in them will be available within the next few weeks after the state-wide shelter-in-place is lifted as we can’t currently go into an occupied unit.
- If the unit is something you are seriously interested in you can still apply before or after seeing the video tour. The application is available below. Please note the non-refundable $35 fee for the credit and background check still applies.
- In person showings will be scheduled for APPROVED applicants ONLY.
Please take note: We do NOT rent sight unseen and application fees are non-refundable.
Please complete and submit one of the following:
The PDF format has no direct entry-form capability. You must print this version, complete it by hand, and then scan it. Alternatively, you can print, fax and/or mail the completed form.
- Email the completed application (with ID’s and proof of income) to [email protected]
- Mail the completed application to:
Schneider Property Management
ATTN: Housing Application Dept.
522 Washington Avenue
Portland, Maine 04103
You must also deliver your $35 application fee/per-applicant for whomever is over 18 years of age.
ADDITIONAL RENTAL POLICIES / FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is the Pet Policy?
A: Many of our rentals allow pets as long as the pet isn’t on our restricted/prohibited breed list, the pet meets any/all other requirements and if the tenant agrees to the terms of our pet addendum. For dogs, the fee is $25/month per dog (2 dogs maximum, unless otherwise stated). For cats (and other small animals), the fee is $15/month per cat/small animal (2 cats/small animals maximum, unless otherwise stated).
No pets are permitted in or around the premises without approval from the Landlord. If you want to add a pet to your lease you must get permission from the office first & may be required to pay an additional fee or security deposit. It is your responsibility to keep your pet’s cage and/or litter box clean and odor free.
Q: Is renter’s insurance required?
A: Yes, all tenants must provide SPM with proof of renter’s insurance 48 hours prior to move-in confirming a minimum of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000.00) in liability coverage. The landlord shall also be named as an additional interest of the policy.